1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cargo bed light strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by JoeG3, Oct 24, 2014.

1. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this or even knows if it would work, but I am thinking of wiring a headlight flasher to the two cargo light near the third break light.

Anyone have any input on if this would work or not? This would be on my 2015 Silverado 2500.

2. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

Instead of the headlight flasher, you could replace the two bulbs with some LED Hide Aways. A lot of times, we will do this with an amber/white split Feniex Cannon. You can wire it so that the white will illuminate when the cargo lights would usually operate, and also for the lights to alternate between amber and white or only flash amber on a separate switch:

http://advancedwarninglights.com/feniex-cannon.html

3. jimbo64

jimbo64 Senior Member

I replaced my cargo lights with strobes from Strobes N More. EHAW92 hide away LED kit and my cab lights with Atomic led's from the same company. They work great ! '01 F250

4. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

im assuming you cut a 1 inch hole . they fit , wiring and all?

5. jimbo64

jimbo64 Senior Member

Didn't need to cut a hole, just took out the cargo lamp bulbs and the strobes fit right in .It took a bit of time but wired them to a switch on the dash. Nice and neat and professional looking.

6. dcarr

dcarr Member
    from ct

the cannons tom mentioned are the best led hideaways out at this point. and the dual mode is great in that you wont loose your cargo light. it will actually make the cargo light brighter. im hoping to put a pair in for my reverse lights soon.

7. jimbo64

jimbo64 Senior Member

Sorry don't know what I was thinking. I did have to cut a hole and the strobes fit perfectly. Guess I better give up on trying to multi-task !