1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Carfax anyone?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by johnslawn, Nov 28, 2008.

1. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

Hi all, anyone have a carfax subscription? I would like to have a truck I am looking at VINs # checked.

If so, thanks I would be grateful.

1gbjk34d86e180843

Hope all had a good Thanks giving.

2. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

you can pay per lookup.

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Carfax looks good clean title, no accidents etc... New Hampshire registered since new.
    http://www.carfax.com/organizer/generateReport.cfx

4. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

Thanks Exmark, hope you have many billable storms this season.

5. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

just because carfax is clean doest mean much. it only picks up REPORTED accidents
    and dmv records (and we all know how competent they are) and not all insurance
    companies report to anyone

6. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

you could be right.But knowing one owner from NH is correct. Versus the truck swimming in New Orleans.
    Made me feel better.

7. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

it seems that a vehicle can go thru different states and by the time it gets to your state
    the title has been washed clean.....i dont know how it happens but it does.
    i recently went to deluca chevy in haverhill,ma and i believe they were trying to sell me a flooded van. i lifted the mats and the sound deadner was soaked,the salesman said that happened when they washed the inside:dizzy:.
    then i lift the fronts and it looked like a sandbox.... you cant trust anyone...there are so many vehicles that have been flooded...where do they all end up...out of state for sure

8. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

If there is a wreck and the title is not branded Salvage it might not show up. Some insurance companies will keep a clean title on a wreck vehicle. I have seen Salvage title cars/trucks with only a few dents in the doors.

9. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Ya carfax is a joke Ive had my share of bad experience whith those clowns.

10. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

This is why you can not trust Carfax. This truck a 2008 F350 4x4 w/ a diesel is going though the auction with a clean title. If this truck is rebuilt the title will not show that any thing has happened to it and Carfax might not ether. There might be a flag because of the owners on the title but it is hard to say.

11169128_1X.JPG

11169128_3X.JPG

11169128_4X.JPG

11169128_5X.JPG