1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Careful What You Wish For

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PetalsandPines, Oct 23, 2002.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

I guess last year we got everyones snow in one week, how about this year we give Buffalo a break? ****The Christmas Storm of 2002*** Photo taken after storm**** Remember we had NO snow on the ground prior to this storm. Happy Plowing.

2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

let me put it this way when i say i wish for a rough winter i mean about a six 8-12 inch storms and a few smallers storms with like 3-6 inches not 50" in a weekend. Thats just mayhem.

3. drobson

drobson Senior Member

I'd be happy with a 3-4" storm about twice a week. Can I put in an order for that?
  4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

When you place your order for 3" to 4" twice a week, please ask for light fluffy snow, no heavy wet stuff.:D
  5. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it--All I want out of winter is 10 feet of snow, 2 inches at a time.
  6. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Yup 10 ft of snow, at the rate of 2 inches at a time/HR....
  7. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I just want more snow than last year and not all at one time. WISH WISH WISH.
  8. shamrock1

shamrock1 Member

Tell me that wasn't the most insane week and a half that you have ever experienced.....

We have been doing this for quite some time and most of my crew has been living here in Buffalo for most of their lives...

The general consensus after spending 5-6 straight days in our snow-fighting apparatus / rigs was that we experienced the most challenging, off-the-hook storm and snowfall amount that we have ever seen in our lives anywhere........

The Blizzard of 77' was not even that bad in terms of the snowfall amount, It was the 70MPH wind off the Lake that crushed the city then....

I do sincerely hope that we do not go through another bout of "Lake Erie Pummeling" this year, Give it to us in stages, We laugh @ predictions of 3 feet now!!!!