1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cards for your customers?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ProSno, Sep 7, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Does anyone send out xmas cards or seasons greetings cards to there customers? I'm thinking mabey this year I will. Whats your standard practice?

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Pro Sno just curious did you recently get in the mail a "specialty business Christmas cards" mailer? I ask since we just received that book and it does have some really good Christmas cards and we are considering sending some to our customers.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

We do.I just pick up a huge box of cheap cards early in the season,and run them through the laser printer.Cheap and easy.We drop a lot of them of in person when we visit the sites,as it saves on the cost of postage,and is much more personal.
  4. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

No JD I didnt get anything, Why are some of the cards they offer pretty nice?

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Yeah Pro they do have some pretty funny or strange cards. Take a look....Cards
  6. GVLawnCare

GVLawnCare Junior Member

We do exactly what Wyldman does. Buy the boxes of 25 or so cards, run them through the laser printer with logo and name. I also personally sign each one, just my preference. It is about 10 times cheaper to do it this way, over ordering them from a printer,yet still very classy. Good Luck.
  7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

For the few seconds that it takes to sign the card and the stamp cost of a few cents, its totally worth it. It shows that you are not only a business man but a caring person who thinks of his customers.

8. Little Jay

Little Jay Senior Member

Ditto for us. I've never gotten much feedback from the customers, but we hae nearly 100% return customers each year-so they must like it
  9. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Happy Holiday's cards every year. For every customer we service through the yr... even if we only did a little weeding or planting job. I got back 98% of the customers since starting this 2 yr.s ago. 2% moved (i still send them a card to thier new address) or found someone cheaper (but they usually come back).

I go to Office Max i think it cost around $180 for 140 printed cards and envelopes last year.

Plus it's a "write off" so what the heck
  10. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Since we are a family run business and our customer base is under 25, we hand sign each card like this:
    Care Enterprises Snowplowing and Ice Prevention
    Scott & Cari Zorno

Then we hand deliver to the prime contact person often with a couple of candy-canes. It gets us face to face with our customers in a very positive environment.
    Well worth the cost and the wrist exercise signing them.:D