1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

carburator to fuel injection

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chevytruck85, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

I have been thinking about swaping the carb of my 85 k-10 for fuel injection. does anyone have any suggestions on ether a swap of of a newer chevy with throttle body injection or is a full blown fuel injection kit the way to go?? thanks.
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

not worth.

My boss have gm 3500 with new engine which is fuel injector when it become old it piece of junk no power plus it really mess so now he decide go back to 4 barrel carb for power.
  3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Find a parts truck. '87 pickup, or '87-91 Jimmy, Blazer, Suburban. Its cheap, relatively easy (for someone with some experience), and works well. Direct bolt it, with the exception of mounting the computer in the dash (we stole the welded in bracket out of the parts truck for mine, and screwed it in place if I recall).

Would almost never go to a carb again on a project truck. Even a modified one.
  4. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

something else must have gone wrong. The TBI is way better then a 4 bbl could ever hope to be. Easier starting faster warm ups more power and better fuel milage

5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

It those thingy that look carb but have 2 injector shot gas. It really mess up plus it run rich so we fix that then 3 months it won't start then we replace injector then later after 2,000 miles then won't start anymore so we gave up and decide convert back to 4 barrel carb. My boss was really mad with that fuel injector.

He say he don't care about gas since he make 300K a years so he want 4 barrel carb on that for more power.
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Proper running fuel injection makes more power. Maybe he should have spent some of that 300k a year on a decent mechanic that could sort it out for him?