1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Carb Problem - Help!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by StangDude, Sep 13, 2002.

1. StangDude

StangDude Junior Member
    from MA

Some of you may have read my previous threads on a faulty mixture control solenoid and main bearing problems for my 85 Chevy 4x4, 350 engine truck. I pulled the trigger and decided to have the engine replaced with a Jasper crate engine and was having the Carb completely rebuilt by the same shop, replacing the MC Solenoid. The shop just called and said the Rochester Quad Carb #17085508 on the truck is a California version (I'm in MA!) and that he cannot get the MC solenoid as it has been discontinued. He is reccomending I try to find an earlier model Rochester (1980 or pre-computer controlled) along with a distributor of the same vintage. This sounds expensive and takes away from the factory stock approach to the rebuild I was trying to stay with. Any feedback on how I should proceed? Any ideas where I can find the correct MC solenoid? Your quick response is appreciated.

Adam

2. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

quadrajet parts

Call Gordon at Preferred Marine. 941-746-1956. He has the largest supply of quadrajets and quadrajet parts on the east coast of the US.

3. StangDude

StangDude Junior Member
    from MA

Thanks for the response. I managed to find a place on the Web called BFIC carbsonly:
    http://www.carbsonly.com/

They were very knowledgable and confirmed the part was no longer available as new, but they recondition and sell MC solenoids, so I am all set. It cost me $85 for the recon part, much cheaper than full carb replacement etc. They were extremely helpful and I would reccomend them to anyone. Thanks again.

Adam