1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Car vs. DOT Plow frame...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jjklongisland, Oct 8, 2009.

1. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

2. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

what exactly happened?
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Is it just me, or does it look like someone forgot to bolt the headgear to the truck? Looks like there should be five bolts per side. The headgear looks undamaged, and the frame on the truck is not distorted at all. Looks like the headgear just popped out.
  4. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Link does not seem to work for me...
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2 no worky here either.
  6. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

Temporary Service Interruption

So it no worky either
  7. jjklongisland

Link works for me, just tested it. I would copy and paste the pics but they are right click copyrighted. They were taken from my Fire Fighting forum I belong to. THis was written:

Actually the car was coming off the Ocean Pkwy to go on the Robert Moses and went off the ramp to the left and broadsided the DOT truck that was parked there. The pics are up on the site.
  8. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

it worked for but damn that was almost a brand new truck ouch
  9. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

Yeah i see them now. Wow.. I cant believe how messed up the truck is!
  10. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a bad wreck man. That sucks!
  11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Something ain't right, you are correct.

For that gear to come off that car should have way more damage and be about the size of a matchbox.

Maybe it is a new truck that hasn't plowed? First good expansion joint\manhole\bump and his plow would have fallen off?
  12. jjklongisland

I figured a commercial rig and plow set up could handle a hit like that. I guess because it hit it from behind?
  13. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

The bolts definitely had to be missing. No way that plow frame just slides right off like that in a front end collision. The truck is definitely brand new. NYSDOT puts the last 2 digits of the year of the truck on the door and license plate.
  14. skippy867

skippy867 Member

at least there is a great fire truck in the picture, that department roles in style
  15. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Looks to me like the car hit the truck on the passenger side, from behind the front truck tire. Not head on. That would push the front tire and plow equip. forward and off. The front tire of the truck is pushed way forward. I can't believe the steering wheel came off!!
  16. frostyballz

frostyballz Member

Never Forget!!!!!!!!!......

The plowframe that "popped" off the truck was the same damn size as the car! never should have come off, I would expect a lot more damage to the car....somone's lucky day.ussmileyflag
  17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Because that's what's important, right? It's easy to "role in style" when you are funded by tax dollars.
  18. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

If you think that is nice you should see the Fire Houses :dizzy:
  19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Don't get me started. I live in a town of about 3000 people. We are building a million dollar station.

And the city of Portland wants to spend 2 or 3 million on a place to house three firemen. One, two, THREE. Individual firefighters. Not crews, teams, batallions, what ever they call em. Re-friggin-diculous.

Now, before anyone gets ready to torch me, let me say this. I have great respect for firefighters, and all public safety people. Very brave individuals.
  20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Aren't the guys in Portland currently housed in a garage? And isn't it just a tad more than housing for 3 FF's?