1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Car remote price

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by farmerkev, Mar 24, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Its not on a peice of equipment, but its all got to be similar. I am thinking of buying my parents new remotes for their 04 Buick Century. Theirs both broke at the part where you attach it to the keyring. They control the locks, trunk, and a a red button that makes the horn honk ( my favorite button :jester::D) Any idea on what a price might be. Some of you have to have this new fangled teknolgy (I purposely spelled that wrong) on your trucks. I was told it could get spendy.
  2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

most guys call them key fobs dealer be the best place thier be a learn procedure that will need to be done so they'll work with the car some you'll need a factory scan tool some learn without a scan tool just depends .
  3. yancy

yancy Senior Member

If you are looking for oem key fobs try any local junk yard, around here most have quite a few. Also try ebay I bought one about a year ago for my truck for about $15 I think. the dealer wanted I think about $80 and another $25 to program it. most newer vehicles require the dealer to program and they charge accordingly it usually runs about $25 a pice.