1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

car hauler

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jdanforth, Jun 5, 2007.

1. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

hey does anyone o how a boat rail works on a 3 car hauler,the center rail is used for boats also.what do you do winch it up on on the tongue wheel.just thought i would ask

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i cant understand a thing your asking.

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

4. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

well the way to get the boat up there would be to laod the cars first then use a boat lift to get 'er on top.

Unless it's a 29 footer then yer sc))(*wed.

Just take the rail to the scrapper and get yer nickle back.
    and other nonsense.
    You gotta have ozark inginuity for this type o' talkin.

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I get it now. We're talking about one of those trailer that can hold a car and a boat on top?!?!? You could just back the trailer really far into the water lol.

6. Quality SR

LoL. Or drive it in front first this way you don't have to go in that far and worry about getting stuck. hahaha j/k

7. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

53 foot wedge trailer

This an honest question.If some of you people dont have anything helpful to say keep it too youre self.I just purchased a 4 car wedge trailer with a boat slide down the middle.I was wondering if anyone has ever used one,and what was the best way to chane them down.You wouldnt think the boat wheel and arm would be able to hold all that weight.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2007
  8. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

do you even have a clue on what a 3 car trailer is:) its people like you that ruin this site:angry:

9. Quality SR

Why don't you call the manufacturer or the place where you bought it from and ask them for the best way to do it. :rolleyes:

10. DeereFarmer

Why don't you learn how to ask a question? There are guys on here that will help you with anything (as long as they know what the question is), but with your attitude you might as well just figure it out yourself.:waving:

11. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

I did ask the ? right the first time,but people like you have to post ******** anwsers.I used this site over the winter and had intelligent people respond,and if they couldnt, they pointed me in the right direction.So my attitude was brought on by youre comment just back the trailer in the water really deep IDIOT.Yes i no there are guys out there willing to help,and apparently your not one of them,so let it go and stop wasteing my time.

12. Quality SR

This site is a plowing site. There are alot more guys on here in the winter and fall. Not so many on this time of year. You started this thread 7 days ago. If there is anyone wasting time it is you. Why don't you do like i said and call the manufacturer or call the person you bout it from. By the time you get the answer on here, it will be time to winterize your boat. :rolleyes:

13. DeereFarmer

I'm sorry, you must have just taken it out of context. I meant it as a joke, not trying to be mean at all. I've just never seen what you're taliking about. Do you have a link to a wbsite or a picture? Lighten up a little! Take Quality's advice and check with the manufacturer or maybe try to locate an owners manual. Maybe try to find on on Ebay and ask the seller how they do it.

14. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

my guess, if it has a rail it must need something to get 'er on top.

A boat lift sounds logical. Unless you're afraid to get it wet......LOL

15. jdanforth

jdanforth Member
    from maine

cool no hard feelings,was lookin to see if anyone had used one,I bought this one on ebay,the guy said it didnt have one,but when I went to pick it up,there it was,so I bought a 7000.00 trailer for 3000.00:waving:

16. DeereFarmer

Nice steal! Where do you live in Maine? My greand parents live just south of Rockalnd. I love it up there!

17. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

You should post a pic of it.

Most of us prolly havent seen or even heard of this kind of trailer,I havent.

By the way have you got any pics of your plow yet.

Thanks Mike

18. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 50' trailer with a center rail. I've never heard of anyone calling it a "boat rail" but I suppose that's one name for it. But to answer your question, most people who have those trailers have a winch mounted to the front so that it can tug the trailers up and into place. I have a 12,000lb winch with a 2" ball attached to the cable. I simply lock it into the hitch of the trailer and I pull it up that way - works perfectly every time.

Another way would be to use a fork lift and set the trailers on but you would need a hefty machine to do that.

19. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I really wanna see pics of this thing now :)

20. TEX

TEX Senior Member

given this info and no other- and no sig filled out how in the hel.l are we suspose to know what you are talking about?