1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Car dealership

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by justinizzi, Nov 29, 2010.

1. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

I was asked to bid on a mid size ford dealership in my area and i have never plowed a dealership before. I was just wondering how guy bid them. Not sure if i should do it by the storm, seasonal, per push, or by the hr. Thanks for the helpe im just trying to do see what other guys doo with dealership's. Thanks

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would bid it by the push. Included in that is the time to sit and wait on the to move the cars from one side of the lot to the other. You'll have to go through and clear the driving lanes, and one side of the lot where the cars, aren't. Then when they open, the sales men, and who every else is able will move all the cars to the other side of the lot for you to plow that. Just make sure you have money in for either a return trip, or to sit and wait on them, if you have no other jobs close by that you can go to.

3. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Rc2505 has it correct. I used to work at a car dealership.

4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I hope you're using a Ford to plow that lot. I would agree plan on at least one return trip maybe 2 if it is a really large one. Don't forget salting

5. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

thats good advice, Also do a search on car dealerships someone ask your same question like about three weeks ago, There was some other good advice on that one two.. thats about as much help as I could give.ussmileyflag

6. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

Thanks guys and yes we own 3 fords and soon to be 4.

7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Push it by the hour, you will have to wait for someone to clean cars off and move them, sometimes more than once. I use to plow two car dealers and what a PITA they are. Of course if you do it per push the guys moving cars work real slow.

Regards Mike

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You also need either a VEE blade or a Containment blade of some sort. Car lots are a pain and take a LOOOOONNNNGGGGG time with a straight blade .

9. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Push it by the hour. And Id maker sure its a darn good rate since you have alot of liability with new cars everywhere.