1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Car Dealership Pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by spslandscaping, Nov 3, 2015.

1. spslandscaping

spslandscaping Junior Member

Looking for some assistance with pricing out a car dealership. This not a mom and pop dealership, it is national.

Average Employees- 140.
    Average amount of cars on lot per day for sale- 700
    Average # of Initial Plow Visits- Based on 35
    Average # of cleanup visits- 20
    # of Entrances to lot- 4
    # of spots to push to and stack- 3

I have just never priced out a lot like this with a lot of twists and turns and # of visits per clean. Example come for initial plow, they move cars around and we come and scoop again. Thanks in advance.

2. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

The only way I would do a car dealership is by the hour..I hate hourly pricing..But that's the only way I would do it..Sitting around waiting for the to move cars around does not sound fun to me unless I was making good money

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Did your account get hacked? It's not like you to make a completely sensible post :D

But yes, Matson nails it. The time you spend waiting for cars to move is awful. I only plowed a dealership one time and I vowed to never do it again unless I got paid by the hour. In fact, I don't even think I could sit through that again. I would have an employee do it.

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

most of the stealerships in my area take a truck off the lot and outfit it with a plow and have an employee come in early and plow the main part of the lot and rows before business opens up. Then once the sales people show up, they clear and move the cars into the cleared areas and plow where they were parked.

I agree with the others though, bid it per hour. Id also find out exactly what the expectations are. If you have to wait, its going to get expensive. Also, Id make sure my insurance will cover a lot like that. It only takes one wrong move to cause 10s of thousands dollars in damage in a car lot. And every little dent discovered after you have plowed it, now becomes blamed on you...

5. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

I had Oomkes make that post for me........:drinkup:

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I would reather plow gas stations....its bad enough to plow the "open areas" and then wait for them to dust off the cars, find the lost keys, figure out key to the right car, wait for them to move them....stack only in three places too, NO thanks.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Whatever happened with that huge bid needed over the weekend for Monday morning, wasn't it a few million SQFT?

8. spslandscaping

spslandscaping Junior Member

It's in awaiting response back.

9. 716plowguy

716plowguy Junior Member
    from WNY

How did you make out with the two largest lots in buffalo?