1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cape Cod MA getting pounded

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by limargie25, Feb 28, 2005.

1. limargie25

limargie25 Guest

Well chalk another one up for the weather guys. I watched the weather all day and all I heard was a few inches and then changing to rain. So needless to say at about 7pm I look outside and its snowing a bit. I go into my office and relax and finish some billing and at 10:30 I get a call from the property manager asking me if I saw the news and I say no why. He tells me they have changed the forecast (surprise) and we should see all snow and about 8 inches expected. So anyway I go and look outside and I must have a good 5 inches on the ground and it is coming down. Well anyway it's a good thing I prepared for it and got everything ready this afternoon because you sure can't rely on the weather guys so I'm on my way out the door. Not that I'm complaining about having to go but the wife had other plans if you know what I mean :nod: . Well there's always tommorow night have a good night all and be safe.
  2. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I just got back in from a very busy morning.

My customers in Taunton, Middleboro and E. Freetown had anywhere from 10 to 12 inches of pasty, heavy, wet snow. Boy what a biatch it is pushing that, I was so spoiled by all the powder we've had for most of the season. I charged a bit extra for the trouble.

The "green monster" is holding up well considering the beating she took on this one. At least I didn't hit anything this time :D . She got a little hot in the tranny once on one account that had alot of pushing and a nice hill to deal with. No problem, went on the flat, dropped the blade, shifted to neutral to let the fluid circulate through the aux cooler and made a few phone calls while I had coffee for 10 minutes. All in all, not a bad day at all, and of course the payup was nice too!!!