1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't tell if this guy is a newbie

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Dec 18, 2015.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

I'm on my way up to your neck of the wood if I can make a couple thousand EVERY DAY! payuppayup

4. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

wow!! 1 new plow...jeeezz ...losing thosands every day...the must have cut the clip where grandview has all seasonals wrapped up...thats why this poor kid is broke...hahah lol...

5. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

:eek: I always turn customers away....you know......until we see how the winter is gonna treat us. Did bird move to WNY???

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

7. Randall Ave

Now lets wait a minute, how come they were not at Grandviews house.

8. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I always turn customers away when we dont have any snow too... :sleeping:

9. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

A couple thousand a day!?! With one plow!?! Dang, I've got two plows... I could be making 4k a day!! What am I doing wrong? (Besides not being able to make it snow 8" every day)

10. grandview

They might of stopped by.but I was out getting a Timmy's after depositing my seasonal checks.

11. grandview

BTW,that's a whole different area when it comes to snow.

12. LapeerLandscape

He needs a fir pit like yours so he can burn bundles of hundreds just like you... payup

13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Was that a wife joke...?

14. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

most likely the turn aways want cheap commitments knowing the worst is coming...i think the thousands was doing excavating or maybe i heard it wrong

15. Randall Ave

His Chevy looks like its sitting low, and the plow ain't on it.

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

He's definitely a moron.

17. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

You guys ever been interviewed for the newspaper or TV news? They edit that sh*t. Granted. . . This didn't appear to be edited. Just saying, you fellas are tough on a new guy.

I commend him. I took it as "I'm not taking on anymore until I see how much I can handle. I'd really like to see some snow. Then I would know if I can handle more accounts comfortably or not." I'm just a dumb snow plow jockey though. What do I know. I guess I do know one thing- when it isn't snowing, guys are bored. When guys are bored, they log on and find fault in others.

Guess it is my turn to get ripped on now. (Nah. My comments will simply be deleted or edited by the dictators.)

18. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

The kids on dynamite!!

19. LapeerLandscape

I agree somewhat and maybe the guy is a little nervous in front of the camera, I'm sure I would be. One thing for sure when its not snowing 1000 customers isn't enough and when it snows 10 is too many.

20. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I wonder if someone should let him know he needs to hook that fancy new plow to the front of his truck.

Thousands a day...... Wow I need to move there where I can make $200,000 a season with one plow truck