1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't sleep, dreaming of plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I'm knee deep into landscaping already yet tonight I wake up because I had a dream that SideWing came out with a wing that attached just behind the front plow yet didn't add any weight to the front-end. So of course I run downstairs to the computer to check this thing out and of course, no deal. Just a damn dream. :redbounce

2. RN Sidewing

RN Sidewing Junior Member

Sidewing nightmare

Just behind the front plow?
    You miss all the balance concept that sidewing was made for!
    QUOTE=Grn Mtn]I'm knee deep into landscaping already yet tonight I wake up because I had a dream that SideWing came out with a wing that attached just behind the front plow yet didn't add any weight to the front-end. So of course I run downstairs to the computer to check this thing out and of course, no deal. Just a damn dream. :redbounce[/QUOTE]

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

visibility

Well it was just a dream, but I think the issue stems with visibility. Things out in front are easier to keep an eye on than having to keep looking in a mirror that usually is caked up with road grime. But I am aware of the balance factor. In fact, I most likely will be purchasing one for this coming winter. Did the plow 2 years ago, Salter last winter, Sidewing this. I'm trying to increase my efficiency thus my profits, without relying on adding another truck and all its associated headaches.

4. RN Sidewing

RN Sidewing Junior Member

Sidewing visability

Dear Grn Mtn,
    I guess that you would not be able to see much more the the plow pin makers of your front plow?
    Regarding Sidewing, if you just have the right right hand mirror, preferably heated and cleaned, you can actually see the plow including the total length of the cutting steel!
    Regards....Reinhold

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Damn dreams, they'll get you every time.

6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

What is even worse, is dreaming about working all night... then waking up tired and feeling ready for a hot shower and bed time... :realmad: I hate it when that happens...