1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't seem to get drop speed adjusted

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Lazer Man, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

We have a brand new 8611 we just installed today. The blade drops like a rock we adjusted the drop speed all the way clockwise still drop as fast as before. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks for any and all help.

2. Hammerman07

Hammerman07 Junior Member

In my experience there is a fine line between dropping like a rock and taking a minute to drop. you have to find that perfect spot. when i bought my first speedwing it wouldnt drop at all. i called the dealer and they told me there is a fine line you have to find where it drops but not to fast. keep backing it up a quarter turn at a time until it wont drop and then go back the other way a fraction of a turn till it drops like you want it to.
  3. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Turn it counter-clockwise????
  4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Turn it CLOCK wise. Make sure that the stop/nut/jamb nut is all the way against the knob first. Like said above there is a fine line once you get there. Oh had a couple plumbed backwards before but that's a last thing to look for.
  5. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Buzz-kill :drinkup: