1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cant see!!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by mr.plow, Nov 13, 2005.

1. mr.plow

mr.plow Member
    from Toronto

With my new 8611 on my F550, when the plow is all the way up, the lights on the blizzard tower don't go high enough to shine over the plow. I have to drive around with the plow half down wich when i go ovr bumps and such the plow slams off the pavement.
    Have any of you had this problem? if so what have you done about it?

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nope, no problems here. Why not ask your dealer about it?

3. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Keep your plow as low as you can and drop your plow shoes to the highest setting between jobs.

Im not sure there are any lift chains to adjust on that unit either but there has to be some way to control how high it goes in full up mode.

You could add some spacers or a plenum to the lights to try and raise them an inch or two? I havent seen the setup close up.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

they might have put a 810 light tower on your truck by mistake. Which is a lot shorter.

5. mr.plow

mr.plow Member
    from Toronto

I'll check on that thanks.

6. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

same problem with 810

When my plow is all the way up it blocks the lights, I have the deflector and airfoil, I just run the plow lower.

7. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I had the same problem with my Meyer CP 8 on my Mitsi. I added 12" extensions under the lights.

8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

cant see

Are you sure you didnt leave the sun shade on the windshield? that happens to my blonde wife a lot, and she cant see where shes going.

9. malamuteman_1

malamuteman_1 Junior Member

but it was sunny out "duh":d

10. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Why are you digging up 4 year old posts??????