1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't put a Fisher on a new 1500??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Winter Land Man, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

My Dad went to a local Dodge dealer and they said they don't recommend any Fisher plow on the 1500. Only Sno-Way plows. The place is a dealer for both. I think this is crap, I've seen them sell Dodge 1500's with Fishers.

Truck is a standard cab, not king, not crew.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

The dealer can recommend anything they want, people are still going to do what they want to do.

3. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i have a friend with a 1500, the dealer told him not to put a plow on it because of the way the front end was built, as for not putting a fisher on it, well, its a heavy plow, but them cant tell you what to put on it, i would look into the meyer stl 7.5 i had one on a 1500 and it worked great for many trouble free years!!!!

4. lumps

lumps Senior Member

i've heard similar things... that the new 1/2tons don't hold the same weight as the old ones, since they went from a solid axle to an IFS. i'd say go for it, but remember that you're risking your warranty. though, for an aftermarket accessory to void a warranty, they need to prove that the addition of the accessory is what caused the part failure. so, your call.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Thats funny, fisher makes a mount for them and i never had a problem getting them to go on a truck. Just use fishers plow selection progam on their website, that will tell you what you can and cant put on that truck.

6. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i spoke to my plow dealer today, i was told by them that any auto manf. cant tell you that a plow will void the warr. due to the fact that they give the plow manufacture all the specs on the truck in order to build the plow frame for that truck, i think its all a bunch of bull!!!!! when i bought my last truck they told me how heavy duty the truck was and all the hype to go with it, but when i said i was going to plow with it , they changed their tune!!!!