1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cant open hood with intensifiers

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 04f250fisher, Aug 10, 2010.

1. 04f250fisher

04f250fisher Senior Member

I installed my new lights today on the plow and they work great but i cant open the hood without it hitting the lights. The A frame clears the lights just fine. Is there some kind of extension to bring the lights out a bit so the hood will open? Its on 05 dodge 2500 thanks
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

yes there is i made mine out of plate steel and rasised them a little but fisher makes a bracket its about $80 fisher makes 2 different part #s are 28330 and 29596 they are on fisher website to
  3. 04f250fisher

It appears i would just need the p/n 28586 to move them forward. The other is to move them out. Thanks for the help
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have a Dodge stile hood (the grill is atached to the hood) on my Tundra and I can't open it with my plow on becouse it hits the plow's lites.
  5. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

There must be a shim of some sort that moves them forward because I can open the hood on my 03 Ram no problem.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your dealer dropped the ball. He should've installed the spacer brackets when the plow was installed.
  7. 04f250fisher

New p/n is 29596. I got them for 35bucks at the dealer.