1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't lower the loader

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dkdigs, Jan 18, 2014.

1. dkdigs

dkdigs Junior Member
    from Olympia

injector pump died, motor wont start. the CASE 435 is a sweet machine, when it is running. problem is to lift the cab, i had to get the excavator to lift the loader arms all the way up. turns out i need to take the machine in, so i need to lower the loader for transit.
    to raise them i had to pull up with another machine, then with the key on, push the finger button on the right control.

now nothing seems to work to lower the loader.

the cab must be in the working position to lower the loader, which doesn't let me play with hydrolics. just to avoid useless comment, yes, i unlocked it before trying to lower it.:help:

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Remove the rams use your excavator and hold arms up remove the pins from rams

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It would be easier to crack an hydraulic line. I'm not familiar with case skids but deeres and bobcats have dump valve in the cab to dump the pressure so I'm guessing case does somewhere.

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Yes I was thinking less mess

If he new the one valve to the lift rams he could put a jumper wire on it and once cab is back down he could open the valve to let the lift down

5. Chace

Chace Junior Member
    from Canada

both my 40xt and 445ct have hydraulic release valves down by your right foot, pull and lower your arms

6. dkdigs

dkdigs Junior Member
    from Olympia

Got it!

thanks guys, i figured it out.
    machine has vertical lift, so almost at top-dead-center for the hydrolic geometry when all the way up. put some down pressure on the loader, sit in seat, put down safety bar, turn key on, push button that turns on hydrolics, and voila! down she goes. it was harder to get the bucket to flatten out, but that worked too.