1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can't lower plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by freedom7272, Dec 14, 2003.

1. freedom7272

freedom7272 Junior Member

i can't get my plow to go down the moter runs for up and side to side but it won't go down
  2. VThick

VThick Junior Member
    from Vermont

is there a safety chain in place?
  3. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

FREE..........Post what brand of plow you have..............

Elec. or hydralic etc................

Then we can help.........geo
  4. freedom7272

no there is no safety chain but thanks, at first the switch kept blowing fuses a wire was touching the manifold i fixed that now it works but won't go down
  5. freedom7272

sorry i left out vital info but ihave 84 chevy pick up with meyer electric plow e-47
  6. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Do you have the actual plow hooked up? you have to have the plow hooked up and the chain on correctly before it will go down, if not you will have to manually push it down.
  7. sxviper0

sxviper0 Junior Member
    from ny

Assuming you have the plow on and it still won't go down, you probably have a valve stuck or ice in it, if it has been out in below freezing temps. try pouring some hot water on the pump base.