1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cant get wire thru engine wall

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kingnear, Dec 28, 2008.

1. kingnear

kingnear Junior Member

I just got my boss plow hooked up to my 2008 silverado 2500 dmax and the only problem im having is getting the control wire for the hand controller through the cab wall. It s like there is a double wall. Is there a special grommet or secret passage i can use? I need to get this up and running this wek. HELP!

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I will sometimes sharpen a piece of wire coat hanger and tape the wire the the tail end. That makes it easy to feed it through an existing grommet and retrieve it on the other side.

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Below the master cylinder about 8" there is a grommet 1.5"ish with a small wire running through it.

4. kingnear

kingnear Junior Member

yes, but with the double wall its hard to find the other side. Where does it feed to? Where int the cab do i fish it from. Fuse box or under the steering wheel?

5. High Voltage

High Voltage Member
    from MI

The opening is behind the fuse holder right behind the break pedal.

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Where highvoltage said. More behind fuse/relay box kind of a PITA. Did you get it?

7. kingnear

kingnear Junior Member

its 6:08 and Im going try that right away

8. kingnear

kingnear Junior Member

what is a pita? I just dont see a spot you can go through. Is it a punch out or an existing grommet or thru wire?

9. High Voltage

High Voltage Member
    from MI

Go through this hole. it is right behind the fuse box witch is behind the break pedal in the cab.

IMG_0042.jpg

10. kingnear

kingnear Junior Member

hey i found it guys. THANKS a lot. Im not mechanically inclined so i appreciate it. As soon as i get it up and running I'll try to post some pics. Im sure I'll be back to this forum in the future as I'm trying to integrate a snow removal business into my roofing and siding company. Again thanks a bunnch. Andy, Empire Contractors