1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cant get switch to work on BOSS rt3 cant take off

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jerrywane, Jul 25, 2011.

1. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

Just picked up my plow today,anfd the guys that took it off the old truck onto mine used jacks to unpin/pin on/off I didnt ?? why.....any way...all the wiring works except the unloader switch on the side of the light rack. All the other stuff works(except the turn signals,another time) I can look inside the cover and see all looks well......just dunno.Probably have to use jack to get it off(shhhhhhh) just would like to know what to try first ussmileyflag

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Put the plow in float, the tower will fall once you release the pins and you will be able to back away from it (if you use the jackstand if its there or a floorjack). You will have to push on the light tower to get the pins released. It may be the switch, they go bad here and there. I'd check all wiring and start there.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you configuring the controller properly?? You do realize you must have the plow plugged in and the controller in the Float position for the smart hitch to operate?

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

^^^ good point

5. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

done

thanx guys.I didnt have in the float position.Its a new to me plow':salute: