1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cant get Slide Boxes for 8611LP from Dealer?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by hlntoiz, Nov 24, 2011.

1. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Why are dealers telling me I can't get slide boxes for my LP's? I had one dealer say to me that my plow are to old. They are only 4 and 3 years old.

WTF is going on with DD? Are they going to totally screw us "old" Blizzard owners?

2. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Matt, Jerre can't get them?

3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

new to me ordered them the other day

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

The new ones still use the same slide boxes don't they?

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

This is new to me as well. I'll try to check here this week.

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

They changed a few years ago. The newer ones don't have that outer lip that's so prone to bending when they retract. They also changed the stop design. This was roughly in 08.

A much nicer design imo, but the earlier boxes should still be available. Be prepared to PAY for them, but.........

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  7. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

My local guy told me they weren't available. I asked Jerre the to get me some. I use Jerre for a lot of things but it is always good to have an established relationship with a local dealer.

8. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

he knows alot about all plows any make model or year dd screwed up with him not being a dealer he has more knowledge than all the people they use to design and build a plow

9. lilweeds

I see the last year or do of ph1 plows had different boxes. Figures.

10. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Did you try ABC hydraulics in Rocky Hill? Just had one replaced this month

11. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Yes I did. Everytime I call though the guys seems so overwhelmed and flustered. :dizzy:Seems like he needs some help behind the counter

12. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

do you know the part numbers i might have them

13. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

nope dont have for low pro only full size and yes you should have a shelf full of parts dd is up to the same old stuff everything is on back order wont ship for a week ect........ they expect the dealers to sit on thousands of parts they must be out of warehouse space since the three are made in same place hey buy a new blizzard plow get a western controller, a fisher,edge, and a western mount and tell the customer that is how it is lol

14. lilweeds

Call storks 610-488-1450

15. John Murphy

John Murphy Senior Member

Assuming it is a 2007 or 2008 8611LP, the part number for the Driver's Side slide box is B55065. We have plenty of them in stock. It could ship today, if your local Dealer were to order it for you. Like the last go around we had last year, on the other part your Dealer was unable to help you with. There are other issues at play. We have several new Dealers in CT. Re-check the Blizzard Dealer locator and see if there's another Dealer that can order this for you.

16. ram1500

ram1500 Member
    from ma

Call CJC in RI 401-231-3033 He will be able to get them for you.

17. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

John, This is a different dealer then last year. I found out what the issue was. This dealer is on your list. Rons Automotive. He told me today that he was unable to get them. Maybe you need to put in a call to them. A little frustrating. Maybe he just doesn't know how to look up products?

Another thing I couldn't understand was he was asking me for the Serial # from the plow because the Harnesses where different? I can't understand that. The truck is a 1999 3500 Dodge Ram. That is what you need. All the hook ups on the plows are the same. Not sure what is going on here. Trying to establish a relationship with a local dealer and it has been a nightmare these past 2-3 years. Another dealer ABC hydraulics won't even do an install on the truck.

I just want to fix the damaged wing. Yes I have 2 LP's a 2007 and a 2008. They are exactly the same. Picking up a 810 this weekend for a back up.

Thanks for chiming in.

Matt

18. MrBillsLawn

MrBillsLawn Member

If you really can't find one go to your local fab shop and have them make one. I really screwed up a slide box a few years ago and just tore it apart and re-built it almost from scratch. They are really not all that complicated to build. Should take about a half a day to build from scratch......... maybe I should start building and selling them......

Just for kicks..... anyone know the list price for a new box?

19. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

$490.00. Total RIP OFF :realmad:

20. MrBillsLawn

MrBillsLawn Member

Well then..... at that price I would happily build one.

If there are some of you out there that are really need this box, or for that matter any part of the plow let me know what you need and we can build it for you. Not only can we build it, but I will also build it like I am going to put in on my own plow...... that means strong. We have access to both 810 and 8611 plows from many different years so we should have a pattern to follow. Let me know what you need, we will have a little discussion to make sure that sizes, tolerances are still the same, and presto you will have a new part.

Send me an email with what you need and how I can get in touch with you. bill@mrbillslawnservice.com