1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't get remote/plow powered up

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by deg, Dec 13, 2005.

1. deg

deg Junior Member
    from NY

I just bought a 2002-2003 Sno Way MT series plow from a friend. He sold me a Predator (direct wired) remote with it. He can't remember the sequence used to start it. It has 3 lower buttons. The left is unmarked, the middle is labeled "DP" and the right is the on/off. It also has the control buttons (up/down/left & right) above those. can anyone tell me what sequence I use to start the plow? I called a dealer and they said hold the DP and on/off down for 5 seconds but it didn't work. My friend said something about On/Up but wasn't sure. Any help would be appreciated, or is you know a website with instructions maybe. Thanks in advance.
  2. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

A friend of mine has an older Mt and if I remember correctly,
    Starting with the down direction button press down, left, up right then the on button for 5 seconds. I hope this helps.
    On the new 04 and newer models its DP and ON together for 5 seconds.
  3. deg

deg Junior Member
    from NY

Thanks! I'll give that a try!
  4. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

Pushing the DP and ON at the same time should make the green light in the ON button glow.

It would be to your advantage to contact Sno-Way (link up top, contact us, phone #), have your Serial # ready, they will e-mail you and and ALL the manuals that originally came with that plow.Installation, service, parts, etc.) It might save you a lot of aggravation down the road.
    If that fails to help you, ask for teck support, they are GREAT!
  5. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Powering Up Sno-Way Handheld Control

The proper sequence for powering up the control is:

1. Press "On"
    2. Press "UP"
    3. Press "Down"
    4. Press "DP"
    5. Press "On"

This should solve your problem.

If you need manuals for your plow, let me know. I can e-mail them or slow mail them to you. All that I need from you is the serial number of your plow (e.g., MTDXXXXXX or MTGXXXXXX).
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  6. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Obviously I did not remember correctly, man getting old s*%#s :cry:
  7. deg

deg Junior Member
    from NY

That worked, thanks for the help! (Both of you!) Have a Merry Christmas!!!