1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't get pivot pins out

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dale345, Feb 11, 2008.

1. dale345

dale345 Junior Member
    from pa

Can anyone tell me how to get the pivot pins out of the sector that connects to the plow? I want to paint the plow and sector but don't know how to get the pins out. Thanks

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

A lot of heat and a big punch...

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Try what I did. Get some PB blaster penetrating oil and hose the pivot points to help break loose the rust. Find yourself a nice 5lb mini sledge and a good chisel. Start beating on it till it comes out. Oh and dont forget to take the pins out that hold the pivots in place. Hopefully that should work for you. Otherwise if you have a cutting torch, you can always cut them in half too

4. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

I had to heat them up to red, then a punch and 5lb hammer, they came all the way out on the first hit.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do a search here in the Meyer forum. Use "pivot pins" as your search word. You'll find many posts on this subject.

And while you have it apart, chage over to the newer style greasable pins :nod:.

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I will second everyones post and B&B is right change to the greaseable ones.

7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

even the pivot pins with the grease zerks isn't really the right answer they are really hard to get in you really need to just heat them up use a good penetrating lube and beat them out

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:confused: