1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't get minute mount one pins to lock in

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by OBPlowing01862, Feb 15, 2015.

1. OBPlowing01862

OBPlowing01862 Junior Member

Hey guy I am new to this site as well as new to owning my own plow. I've got a MM1 on a Dodge 1500. My problem is that we've gotten a lot of snow and my plow was buried. When I I dug it the jack stand was all the way retracted. I finally got it jacked up to the right height and I've lined the truck up and pulled it in yet it still seems like it's not fully on. The pins are off by a half an inch. Like I said the height is good it just seems the truck could come forward into the plow a little more, but it won't. Is there ANY trucks to this or something I might be missing. I've been at it for a while now with no luck. Thanks in advance. eric

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You on flat land? Worst thing you might have to do is manhandle it on then recheck it on even ground.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Snow packed in behind receivers?

4. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

If your on flat ground then spray the pins & the receivers with some lube and rock the light frame forward. Rocking the frame forward will correct the angle of the ears as they go into the receivers on your truck. u may need to man handle the light frame if its been sitting for a while. once you've hooked up to the plow a few times it will be cake! Good luck.

5. OBPlowing01862

OBPlowing01862 Junior Member

Hey guys. I ended up prying the blade up off the ground and getting a couple blocks of wood under it. Then just manhandled the frame until I heard the sweet sound of those pins popping into place. I appriciate the advice

6. Snow Commandor

from 07666

Sounds to me like it wasn't on level ground. the plow must of been sitting slightly lower than your truck when u pull up to it.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How worn is the cutting edge on it?

8. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I put down 3 2x8s under the blade one on ether side and one in the middle and a piece of plywood under the jack weather the plow is inside or outside.The plywood keeps the headgear level and the jack from freezing to the ground.

9. collins590

collins590 Junior Member

I dont know if you tried this, I know you managed to get the blade on, but most times the pins wont go in, it is because the lift chain is stopping the headgear from tilting back far enoungh. All you have to do ia plug it in and float the blade and it becomes alot easier to hook up. This may not have been the case but most times it is.

10. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

Next time you disconnect use some pallets.

11. Snow Commandor

from 07666

U don't need any wood or other items to keep the plow jacked up. just make sure when u take it off the truck that the lift ram is fully collapsed & the jack stand is all the way down.