1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cant get it up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by amcolandscaping, Mar 17, 2007.

1. amcolandscaping

amcolandscaping Member

ok i have a cable operated western plow! I am having problems getting it up! I am full with fluid! sometimes very slow going up sometime only can get it an in off the ground! angles fine! I am desperate I am going to try and go back out in 2 hours

Matt

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Two of the most likely things on a cable operated pump that could cause the problem are either the lift/lower cable is worn and/or in need of an adjustment or the motor is weak due to the motor itself being shot or the power cables going to it are loose or corroded which in turn wont allow the motor to get full battery voltage thus making the motor weak on power, since it takes much less power/effort from the motor to angle the blade as it does to lift it.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007