1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cant get it off!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jerrywane, Jul 25, 2011.

1. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

Just picked up my plow today,anfd the guys that took it off the old truck onto mine used jacks to unpin/pin on/off I didnt ?? why.....any way...all the wiring works except the unloader switch on the side of the light rack. All the other stuff works(except the turn signals,another time) I can look inside the cover and see all looks well......just dunno.Probably have to use jack to get it off(shhhhhhh) just would like to know what to try first

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Does it make any noise when you flip the switch?

3. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

nada,nothing,zilch

Almost too quiet.Does it usually have a click to it or is it a soft switch? No i do not hear any noise either dirrection THANX

4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Is the controller in float mode?

5. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

dunno how that works yet

Not a virgin,i used to run soneone elses truck and plow....how do you tell if it is in float mode,cause there is no word on the controller for float.I think the guy took the electric off before thinking and had to use jack.....at lease i hope so

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Hold the down button on the controller for a few seconds until the backlight turns red. Then its in float and the outside switch should work.

7. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

will do!

If thats it ,the beer is on me thanx:salute:

8. jerrywane

jerrywane Senior Member

Okee Dokee

Got a copy of manual......and you guys and this site are the BOSS! Floated it and theere she went.THANK YALL.Now this thing has been sittin in the elements for a while,and i am dam sure he never loosend the springs once....should i replace them all,or just carry a set with me......needs a new blade too,some paint but all in all the hydro on this thing is wicked fast!Will post pics soon>ussmileyflag

9. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

sounds like a personal problem :)

10. grandview

I'm sure she'll be able to help out.

[​IMG]

11. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Is that lube in her hand?????

12. grandview