1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't get a tow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sschario, Dec 26, 2002.

1. sschario

sschario Member

My truck broke down last night. After I gave up on the parking lot repairs, I tried to get a tow truck to take it home. One of the bigger local tow companies told me that they could not handle anything with a plow. Period. They have a variety of modern equipment and I can't believe they would just pass it up. Is there something that I am missing?

I am still going to try and find someone that will tow it in the future, because I do not want to be stuck like that again. I had to pull it home with my Suburban and a strap.

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I don't understand that i have seen many trucks being towed on a flat bed/ramp truck with a plow still on the truck.

3. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

That happened to a buddy of mine as well, ended up leaving the plow in one of the customers driveway in order to get the tow.

4. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

When my Superduty was towed a couple weeks ago, the driver never had a problem. He hooked onto the rear wheels, lifted the plow and secured the chain and away we went.

5. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

My truck wouldn't start a few weeks ago in the driveway (luckily, my driveway) and I called a two truck. The plow was at the front of the truck but not attached. He showed up, saw the plow and told me he couldn't tow it. I told him that is was detached but too heavy to pull away from the truck. He then agreed to take it. May just be a preference on not towing it with all the extra length.