1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't find new box extensions :(

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by birddseedd, Oct 15, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

So the company that made mine went out of business. need a new pair...

now what?

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Option 1
    The upper righthand corner of this web page is a search feature, maybe you should try using it.
    Option 2
    Google
    Option3
    Test your welding/fabbing skills and build a set

3. birddseedd

Thanks. but have searched. seems every company that makes them goes out of business. accept the ones meyer sell for way to freakin much.

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Perseverance is the starting point of many great feats........ Did the US give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941? I don't think so.:nono:

5. birddseedd

Well. searched and searched. nobody makes any that go to a 90 degree angle to the plow, only 45 degrees like pro wings.

maybe i can find someone that can unbend mine.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

sure,,,,for a price $$$$$

7. birddseedd

yes, obviously they will want to be paid.

8. dieselss

That was me saying I'd do it for a price $$

9. birddseedd

Indiana is a bit of a drive for me.

10. dieselss

I know. Well thought I'd offer

11. birddseedd

Would probably work if i was visiting my dad anytime soon. he lives near the border.

12. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

:rolleyes:the Germans. I don' think so.

13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

14. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

There use to be a welding/truck repair snow plow service place on Kalamazoo Ave. I believe it was near or around Edwards or Rose st intersections. Can't remember exactly as it has been years but you could take anything in there and they would fix and or modify it exactly how you want it right down to how much you wanted it to weigh. Can't remember the name of the place for the life of me but can see it in my head.
    If they are closed find a local welder fab shop and if they can not repair yours then have them fab some according to what you draw up.

15. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

16. dcamp824

dcamp824 Member

Your other one's are bent and you can't find anybody to make new one's.... that should tell you something!!

17. birddseedd

There are plenty of people that can make new ones. I could make new ones. its nothign more than a bent piece of steel with square tube welded to it. I just do not want to pay 500 bucks. meyer makes a set that looks good, but again. 500 bucks.

ill just pay a guy with a shop to straighten mine. wouldnt be hard with a torch and something flat to put it against.

18. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I'm failing to understand, why won't you invest in your stuff. The more you nickel and dime yourself, the more it cost you.

You seem to have the tools to do the repairs, do you not have the nuts or the technology to repair a simple piece of steel?

19. birddseedd

I did buy a torch, or i should say bottles, not sure if i trust the regulator that seemed to have the knob pushed into it. but the main problem is when i heat it up i do not really have anything flat or anvil like to flaten it against.

I am buying a brand new snowdogg plow, even paying to have it installed. Bought a tractor with a plow, + 96 bucks worth of parts for the plow. still need bolts. I'm looking for a plow i can attach to my zero turn. Buying a salt spreader. tho i wonder if ill actually need that.

i cant spend too much. as it is now i'm having to get a job to get msyelf through winter.

20. dcamp824

dcamp824 Member

I would say yeah buy the snowdogg and do not weld anything to it.. and those bottles of gas are not gonna bend metal, you need a acetalyne torch..
    Yes i already know your box exstensions are the best thing since sliced bread, but i would leave your new one how it came.