1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cant find a good dealership...

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by aperfcrcle, Jan 5, 2011.

1. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

So I went to go look at an 11' reg. cab f-350 with the new powerstroke last night. I asked for the keys to take a look and didn't even take it for a drive. We went inside to talk about trading my 02' powerstroke 7.3 in towards the new one and thats where the bull started... He comes back and shoots me a rediculously low number for my truck (an 02' f-350 7.3 with 52,000 miles). He tells me they will take my truck for $4000 dollars and nothing more... I told him i will sell it on my own and make a lot more than that, we then moved on to talking about where i would like my monthly payments to be. I tell him I would like to get into the truck at the end of the winter and he feeds me the other line that the price will go up then because all the truck rebates will be gone and blah blah YOU HAVE TO BUY NOW!... So I finally said, "well I feel kind of stupid sitting here negotiating with you over a truck that I haven't even drove yet and I dont even know if i like.. can I take it for a ride?" response "well we can run your credit and once things start to get finalized you can take it for a ride... Its an expensive truck ya know?" I kindly said thank you for your time and walked away... They expect me to finalize a deal on a $44k truck without even driving it they are insane.. I feel like I get judged because I am young, but I will wait for the day the salesmen actually treats me with some respect and works with me before I buy it... their loss really, he couldve sold me a truck easy but they just assume I have no money haha.

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

That BS

our dealer gave $4500 for our rot rusty high mile 01 F250 V10

We got 11 F250 crewcab long bed with heavy GVWR 4wd diesel for $40K

Find another dealer or out of State they cheaper.

3. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

I am starting to think about it.. Thats a great price considering the one i looked at was a reg cab with absolutely no bells or whistles and they wanted almost $45k... these salesmen are all scum bags

4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

When you look at sticker price make sure you subract about 5 to 6000 dollars. Thats closer to the actual price. Negotiate from invoice, not sticker. Also get your deal made, then talk trade in. You truck should bring in 7000 at least to a dealer. You could sell it for close to 10 or more. My brother got 13k for his 02 F350 7.3 Ext cab with an X Blade on it and 120 k miles. Yours sounds like a gem.

5. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

If you were to come to IL just south of chicago I would tell you to go to river oaks ford and see Greg, Steve, or John great family friends and good people to do business with

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Hey whats the story with you '02? What cab does it have? If its a crew cab I'm interested in it. I'll give you $4001 for it, $4050 if you deliver it to my door with a full tank of fuel.:drinkup:

Seriously, time to find a new dealer. I have had many dealers do that to me too, I'm 22 so I think thats the reason. I bought a fully loaded King Ranch when I was 20. I think I kind of took my dealer by surprise that I was serious and had the cash. Once you find a good dealer, you'll know it. Good luck with your search.

7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

kinda far but family ford in watertown ct is really good.

8. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I had the same problems when buying not only my first truck but my second one. I even got told to come back with my parents on one occasion, idc how bad I wanted that truck f*ck them. I went to another place with every intention of buying a '02 7.3 and they wouldnt let me take it for a test drive besides their little 2 mile "test drive route" (funny thing is I was there with my parents when they were car shopping and my parents got to take a test drive all over the damn town).. No way am I dropping 16k off of a 2 mile drive where the speed limit didnt get past 40mph..

I then found a dealer who (unbeknownst to me at the time) was good friends with an aunt/uncle of mine. I have since bought both of my trucks from and will go back there for every truck I ever buy. There are very few places out there that I wouldn't mind paying a little more to support a quality business as most timesI would rather have that extra $ in my pocket but this dealer is surely one of those places.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  9. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Thats crazy...I'm 19, but when I ws looking for my new 2011 they let me take a 60k King Ranch for a test drive no questions asked on a Friday at 5 pm

10. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure how many Ford dealers are in your area but if there is another I would try them.

11. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I would also try to sell your truck privately

12. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Find another dealer... Also on a clean truck you almost always get screwed when you do a tradein. Post some pics up here, there are guys here (including me) that would give you a lot more. I bought my first new truck at 17, and I went to a TON of dealers before I found one that would treat me worth a damn. Found a great one and bought 5 new superdutys and a mustang from them in the past 7 years but the just got bought out and it all went down hill. Time to find another dealer lol.
    Robert

13. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

Try Riverhead Ford very good sales people bought mine there

14. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I hate to say it but being young sucks! It hppened to me when I went to buy my first few wheelers, first brand new truck, and my house. Be patient you will find a dealership who will treat you right. I know it is petty but nothing will stop you from taking your new truck over to the first dealership and chatting with the salesman, he wasted a little of your time.

15. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

thanks for all the positive responses guys. The salesmen called me today and asked me to come down to run my credit so we could take it for a ride. I told him (just to piss him off) that i already drove one at another dealership and have a deposit on it. He had no words and hung up.

I think i am def. going to go the private route to sell my truck, I just want to make sure everything is squared before i act.. I am very meticulous and run numbers millions of times haha anal if you will.. I guess its a good thing but whatever.. I know my truck is worth more that 5K. She is in pristine condition and runs like a champ.. heres a pic of her.

IMG_0038.jpg

16. DeereFarmer

Yeah, worth way more than $4,000. If it was a crew cab, I'd be all over it.

17. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

thanks man, I have been thinkin about a crew cab to... not sure yet, I like my regs.

18. DeereFarmer

I love my regular cabs but I need a crew cab to haul my race "team" around in. They are tired of driving their own cars to a race where they don't get paid. I love my friends hahaha. I would say your truck is worth ATLEAST $12,500 if you wanted to sell it quick. Maybe other people will disagree, but thats my opinion.

19. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Any reason your getting rid of it? I would hold on to it till the 6.7 get some more miles under its belt.

20. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

I would like to go newer, i love the way the new ones look and i would like to have alittle more power. the 7.3 is great dont get me wrong, just alittle sluggish compared to the cummins and duramaxes i have driven.