1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't figure out how much my plow weighs

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bydptrsn, Sep 10, 2013.

1. bydptrsn

bydptrsn Junior Member
    from Omaha

I bought a used poly 7'6" western unimount that doesn't feel very heavy. I can lift a side of it pretty easy. Does anyone know how much it would weight I know it's not a super heavy duty plow its in the same class as the older 6.5 and 7 foot plows

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I would guess between 650-750lbs for entire plow setup. This includes mount, pump and lift frame and the plow itself.

3. bydptrsn

bydptrsn Junior Member
    from Omaha

It doesn't even seem that much though. I used to work in tree trimming and removal and I lifted logs heavier it seems

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I am guessing you are just lifting the an edge of the blade, not the entire plow setup. Or maybe you have some super powers.:rolleyes:

5. bydptrsn

bydptrsn Junior Member
    from Omaha

I was grabbing the plow and the part that hooks up to the truck mounts

6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

unimount standard poly (that would have 3 springs and no shock), would weigh 614 plus the mount.

7. bydptrsn

bydptrsn Junior Member
    from Omaha

Oh thanks man I guess my weight judgement is off hahahahahahaha