1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cant disable Subcribed Thread emails

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by xgiovannix12, Jan 1, 2013.

1. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys I disabled the subscribed thread emails from coming from my user cp but I still get them.

Im not sure why they are still coming. Any 1 else have this issue? :confused:

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

when did you disable it? I'm thinking if you just did so then maybe it will just take a little bit to update...if that's not the case, let me know and we can look into it

3. xgiovannix12

I did it not to long ago. Maybe about an hour

4. Michael J. Donovan

Ok, please give it a little bit and if it continues let me know and we will look into it

5. xgiovannix12

Ok thanks Michael

6. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Changing "Default Thread Subscription Mode" won't stop the emails from threads that you subscribed to before with email notification...those threads are still subscribed with email notification. Is there another option I don't know about that cancels all subscriptions?

7. Michael J. Donovan

you can choose "Do Not Subscribe" or "Subscribe with no Email notification" and the emails should stop...you can also go to your "Subscriptions" and individually "Unsubscribe" from threads

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Mine is set to this

image.jpg

No emails except PMs

image.jpg

9. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Go to

Quick links

Click: Subscribed threads

Select the box on top that will select all threads on that page.

Go to the bottom on the right hand side and in the "Selected Folders" Drop down box select whichever option you prefer and then click "Go".

This will work immediately.

You can then go further back in your history and remove the e-mail notifications from threads further back.

10. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

DING! We have a winner!

xgiovannix12, those instructions are what you need to do. Changing the default subscription mode has no effect on existing subscriptions, all it does is pre-select the option for you when you subscribe to more threads in the future.

11. xgiovannix12

Nice I think I got it now guys. Thanks !!!!!