1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't believe the price of this

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mcwlandscaping, Dec 6, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

They want $900 for that thing installed...i am kinda taken back by this and think it's WAY overpriced for what it is....what are your thoughts?

2. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Just paid $200 including tax for my backdragsnow.com backdrag edge and love it!
    Easy to install and with my v plow it saves a ton of time and digs down well.
    $900 seems awful steep to me:dizzy:
  3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Ain't nothin free out there! I guess it's all about extremes: you either NEED it and will pay dearly for it, or you can fabricate your own for $50-60 in scrap.

I pass by this guy's shop all the time in Hudson and have seen signs for his backdrag. $900 is a bit rich for it
  4. maineguides

maineguides Junior Member

That thing looks great until you hit your first rock/anything sticking up an inch.
    Way over priced. I'm thinking maybe 2hrs labor and $50 in materials. i might be off though.
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It's nice, but not $900 nice! I agree with everyone above. Much cheaper to do it yourself.
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Or find a welder who isn't crazy!! :)
    Hey Kevin (yardmedic) if you have a sec, stop in and ask them about it sometime!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2007
  7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

the plow will just jump up if you hit anything backing up, no big deal.

I just bought a new cutting edge this year at $80 and change so I think your off a bit at $50.

I don't like his design, too many pieces, too far away from the moldboard, way overprice.

I really like the one I had installed for $270, its in my signature and I also posted picts of it in action last year.
  8. made my own

used 3inch angle iron and 2 bolts

drilled holes where the "shoes" would go---
    tacked the bolt heads while in position,..then weld the heads

second year and I am very confident that it saves time
  9. Runner

Runner Senior Member

There is someone on here or the other snow forum that built one much like this, but is actually a bit nicer. It fits tighter to the plow. With this design above, it looks like it would defeat the purpose, because as it scrapes the snow, it would just lay and build up between the backdrag edge and the wearbar. Eventually, the wearbar would just rise up.:dizzy:
  10. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

WAY over priced! I think he only used mild steel for the edge too. I can get one installed for around $300. Or you can just bolt on a western style back edge.
  11. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

look at this one closer its got a link on it to raise and lower it when the plow is raised
  12. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

there is a seat for every a**........................thats why they make e.class Mercedes....for the wanna bees.
  13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

what does that have to do with a backdrag edge?
  14. karol

karol Senior Member

I've got the exact backblade on my old fisher. I paid $275 canadian custom made at a welding shop. Works well but really heavy. Slows down the plow a lot. $900 his out of his mind. Take a picture of that and go somewhere else.