1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't believe I bought a Ford!!!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by LB Landscaping, Oct 12, 2006.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Well guys I bit the bullet and bought a Ford. I have been a die hard GM fan forever, but have got to say this truck is sweet (0% financing helped make the decision too). 2006 F-350 diesel, 9 ft dump body, and a new Fisher Extreme 9.5 V in stainless. This diesel has got some serious nut, really glad I made the switch from gassers. Now got to find a nice stainless sander to match!!!!!!

2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

See, I was the opposite of you. Diehard Ford for years and switched to Chevy. Something about 5 years or 100,000 mile warranty and the lower price tag that sold me. Congrats on the new truck, you will love it. Fisher does make a nice stainless salter.

Just my 2 pennies.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

post pics! congrats btw

4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I need pictures.....:D

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

You'll be back!

Just joking.. Good luck with it. At least it's not foreign!

6. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I'll get some pics up soon. I hauked a couple pallet of play ground chips for a day care we service, and couldn't believe the difference between how the Ford handled it vs the Chevy. The Chevy was squatting and bouncing the whole trip. The Ford didn't budge, same load same distance. Granted the Chevy is a few years older but the springs can't be that much better. I know the Ford has a 13000GVW in 06 but what a difference.

7. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Merger?

:waving: ALL,
    The last I heard Ford and Chevy were talking about a merger! :dizzy: Can you believe that after all these years of being in competion with one another!! I guess the competion would be the foreign vehicles. I guess we'll be fighting over Toyota, Honda over what ever a Ford / Chevy would be? How about a ForCh? or Chevord?

God Bless America! :salute:

Pale Rider :gunsfiring:

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You get what you pay for. :D :D

They are awesome trucks. Still want a Ford body\frame, Cummins powered going through and Allison tranny. I'll keep on dreaming of that too.

9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Oh, I agree. I have those same reoccurring dreams as well. We'll see if made a good decision or not. It ( Chevy ) does ride nice.

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I won't believe you until pics are posted! :waving: Just kidding. Congrats!

11. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

You are going to be happy with that Ford! They are great trucks...I want to see pics though!!! :drinkup:

12. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I promise I'll get pics soon!!!!!

13. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on the truck but when it comes to the look further than the Fisher for the sander!! I love Fisher stuff but their sanders are sub par when compared to a Torwell. The other sander that seems to be big and popular in Me. is the Swenson I can't say much about them as I have no personal experience with them.

14. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I have mostly all fisher plows and sander. But i have a Downeaster stainless sander that seems to be nice and i think its stronger than the fisher. .02

15. zapster

zapster Member

theres nothing better than a ford truck with a diesel...

you will love it!

my boss is the biggest chevy fan on the planet..
    but when it comes to trucks for him its ford all the way!!

...zap!

16. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I become more and more impressed with the truck everyday, blows the 03 Chevy away. Still shopping for a sander, We have quite a few to choose from around here so I am looking at all of them. Downeaster makes a nice one but it is by far the most expensive. Fisher looks ok, Snow Way is interesting I like the elec option. Meyer looks to be a nice sander and has a good price. We also have Buyers but (cheapest$$$$), haven't seen/heard much about them, look a little cheaper than the rest.

17. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

be sure to check out Swenson. you'll be suprised how nicely built they are. meyers is built by swenson.

18. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  19. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Denny Crane.

20. redfieldal

redfieldal Junior Member

Congrats on the Ford!!!!

I love my Ford, but next truck will be with a diesel and manual tranny. Right now I have an F-350 with the gas hog V10 with an 8 foot Curtis snow plow, love the power though, can tow anything. Also, can pass anything except a gas station. One question I had was I am in need of new shocks, what do you guys recommend?? Remember the plow in the front. I was thinking of maybe some adjustable ones in the front, Rancho or something and whatever in the back- please give me your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Al