1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cant beleive I would say this....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'm tired of plowing!!!!!!!!! well for atleast a few days,lol. It's been snowing for about 2 weeks straight and yesterday we got hammered. We ended up with around 14" in about 3-5 hours. We've been up for over 3 days/nights straight, I dont even know how I'm typing this, I'm so wired I cant sleep. Tomorrow is snow removal night, I'll take some pics and maybe attempt a video. The piles are freaking huge. This weekend more lake effect squalls, hopefully we can share the wealth.payup
  2. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

How is the your new fisher v plow working out? Do you like it? Any pics of it? Still waiting to try owers.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

All I can say is..BOO HOO quit your crying !:D :waving: payup
  4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

What a azz:gunsfiring: .I am tired of plowing just rub it in our eyes with salt Brain.LOL:D

5. Brian Young

So far it been great except the cutting edge was replaced with only around 6-8 hours of plowing. It wore down from the center of each wing to the outter edges almost an entire inch. They replaced it with the 1/2" edge and we installed Myers curb guards that bolted right up to the last two holes on the cutting edge. Ours likes to make some moaning noises when its really cold out but we found it was the chain and the top of the piston where it pivots on that top plate, we just spray some fluid film on it and that lasts for a couple of weeks.
  6. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I hate you with a passion. I haven't gotten one push since last winter.
  7. Brian Young

I thought the east cost was supposed to get hit pretty hard this week.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

im gonna kill myself
  9. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

i can come up and help you out if you hate it so bad :drinkup:
  10. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

if the cutting edge isnt wearing evenly on a v plow the push beam might not be at the right height. if you are pushing in the scoop position alot and the inside edges of the cutting edges are wearing out fast the beam might be to low, causing the inside of the plow to sit to low.
  11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Oh My God it's been like 2 years since I complianed about tooo much snow. I have spent 20 minutes plowing this year vers 4 hours last Year!!! Our events have averaged a big 1" to 1 1/2 " not enough to trigger a push! I just landed a $300 ( 2 hour ) a push job,too bad it is not snowing.

X-LOWBALLER Senior Member
    from Toronto

I am NOT trying to jump on the bandwagon but I too am getting tired of salting/plowing. We made so much money from Jan 14 until 2 days ago salting that I swear I am bored/tired/lazy again. I find now I am going out giving sympathy saltings and not charging full pop due to feeling guilty for their last bill LOL. I just want a small break and that feeling will quickly go away. BRING THE DARN SPRING BACK.....just bought a new 72" hustler and dying to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:redbounce
  13. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I'm more exhausted than anything. Just got back an hour or so ago from plowing all afternoon & all night. I told the pastor to quit praying for snow for me because every time I mention to him that I wish it would snow more, we get it every other day all week. It's good for my pockets, but there isn't any time to get caught up on rest. We're supposed to get flurries tomorrow & then more snow Mon - Wed next week :dizzy:
  14. ksgcapecod

ksgcapecod Member

:cry: :cry: Dudes, suck it up and make the hay while the sun shines, or should I say when the snow is falling. Believe me, I'd rather be tired, miserable and getting the checks from the mailbox than what we in the Northeast are dealing with now. If you tired of getting the checks just sign them over to me so I can pay for my equipment and the cleaning lady for dusting my plows!!!

X-LOWBALLER Senior Member
    from Toronto

Good point. I ll just shut up and suck it up. I always say to be careful of what you wish for and i am living proof of that statement. Now, I just want our dry season back for a few more days although we are getting light snow tomorrow morning and flurries for the next few days. As long as it stays at 3 cm or less, Im cool with that.
  16. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I looked at the cutting edge on ours, and more hours then that, the wear is nill, I think you got a bad batch of steel in those first edges, It's happed to one of our straight blades before, new cutting edge wore down so fast.
  17. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Wish i could say the same thing only 2 pushes this year
  18. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Where are you actually from?
  19. Brian Young

I am in Erie Pa, right off the lake. Our big snows have ended and we have been doing snow removal and cleaning up. It snowed for I think 28 days straight or somewhere right around there. It been too cold to salt, but during the day it been getting in the double digits so salt is starting to work. Our part of the lake is frozen over so I think our lake effect is all about done for this year so we'll see if we get any more significant snows.
  20. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I would of guessed Erie. GO STEELERS