1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can't attach plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Gideon, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Gideon

Gideon Junior Member

I've manually moved my plow from incline driveway to my garage and tried every which way to attach to my truck... it won't attach :realmad:
    The pins line up at the right height, when I push the tower forward.. but the pins do not go back far enough to align to the mount holes

The blade is in float.. I don't know what else to do

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

stand on the blade or A frame, crouch down, and push hard on that tower. I usually need someone else to work the pins.

3. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

check fluid level. check pinched hose . is the headgear switch working ? dont manually push the headgear up , or down , ALWAYS use the switch . You'll create air in the system . Although the air works it self out on the boss rt3

4. RepoMan1968

I keep mine up against a wall just for that reason . I have to kick a wing out an inch for mine to catch sometimes . Sucks chasing your blade around the yard ...been there :realmad:

5. RepoMan1968

6. Gideon

Gideon Junior Member

its as if the tower won't go any higher

7. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

the only thing i could suggest is to jack up the plow and put a block or something under the front center of the plow, where the shoe is(where the cutting edges come together) if its a V and then let the jack back down.

if its a strait blade lift up each side and put a block of wood under the cutting edge and try.

sounds like the front of your plow is to low and the headgear wont extend enough cause of uneven ground..

or there is a problem in the cylinder..

8. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Flip both latches, make sure the harnesses aren't in the way physically push the plow slightly left and right to make sure its straight and push the tower up - no smart hitch.

9. Gideon

Gideon Junior Member

just when I was about to give up... I grabbed the far left side of the plow and yanked and it clicked the right pin.. go figure.

Thanks for all the input guys.. appreciated every one of ya

10. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Glad you got it to work
    A Hammer works well too!

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Your cutting edge was worn down so the height of the hooks were off.

12. RepoMan1968

next time try quickly hitting the wing side that didn't catch, it pops right in .