1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cannot enable 'smooth stop' on new MVP +

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Couxgar, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Couxgar

Couxgar Junior Member
    from USA

I just purchased a new Western 8.5' MVP Plus 'V' Plow with handheld controller.

Everything works fine ..except it will not allow me to activate the "Smooth Stop" or the "One Touch Float" options. When I press the correct sequence buttons on the controller ..and nothing happens, ..no red or green lights on the controller. I am doing everything correctly ..and even took it back to dealer and they do not know. He ordered me a new controller #95642 but it has a round connector. My connector is a 4-pin square.

What could be my problem?

2. Couxgar

Couxgar Junior Member
    from USA

My Western dealer thinks it is the wrong hand-held controller. He ordered a new one, but it came in with a round plug. I have a square plug. He's now ordering a different controller with a square plug.

I really want to use the 'smooth-stop' option. But even if I didn't, ..I still want the availability of all the features I paid for.

3. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

First thing that comes to mind in the plow control module, or possibly loose connection on a solenoid, I had experienced both of those right off the bat wit my WO...nthen the control. I could b wrong but, I thought all the new controls were the same?
    But then again, I dont have an MVP??

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

What is a smooth stop I have a MPV +

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

U have it, I keeps the valve open a bit longer then the motor runs. So instead of the valve slamming shut, it allows the motor to stop flowing a milasec before closing.