1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cannot compress cylinder on E60

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by AboveTheCut, Dec 3, 2009.

1. AboveTheCut

AboveTheCut Junior Member

hopefully this makes sense and its not too stupid of a question. ram is extended up (stored that way). all is hooked up. i put my control on float and cannot manually compress the ram in the cylinder. i used to be able to do this very easily (yr before last) but it has gotten really stiff. i was able to get it down a little and lifted back up with the controller but cannot compress it enough to hook up my chain. is this a simple fluid change or flush or more? ideas? thoughts? thanks
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

does the a coil magnetize? does the a valve shift? the black wire.
  3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

there is an adjustment to allow the plow to drop faster or slower ( if the coil isn't bad)
  4. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i had the exact same problem with m e-60 today. i hooked up the mount first time this year and i hit the switch and it went up fine but i could not push the cylinder down. this is what i did. on the front lower part of the unit there are 2 plugs next to eachother. i took both out and pushed the piston down. (watch out i spilled fluid all over my jeans lol). then i changed all the fluid and it worked fine. when you fill it back up you might have to relosen those plugs a couple times to get all the air out. good luck :drinkup:
  5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

one of the plugs is where you make the adjustment by loosening or tightening the allen head bolt that sits inside