1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

canle to electric qustion

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Evanbrendel, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

elec

look's like a 89-90 pre unimount power unit you can probably find the unit's used rebuilt and get the right harness and control's but the unit is not made any more ,parts are still avalible .just have to scout around !good luck .:)

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

you would have to by the hydraulic pump, 9pin harness for the plow, and a 9pin harness setup for the truck, plus the controller.

If B&B, Crash, or Repo jumps on here, one of them might be able to help you with the part numbers.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

First, the pump you are wanting is called a SEHP. I think they call the one you have a EHP, Western calls them something different, but the name escapes me right now.

You can go two ways here, either 3 plug ISO, or 2 Plug relay. If you plan on buying a newer plow in the future for this truck, you might as well go with an ISO setup. If you just want to get it converted over to electric, relay would be your best bet. This is also dependent on what you have for a truck. Best guess tells me you have to have an older truck were your running cable op.

Need to know what truck you have to give you accurate part numbers though.

On a side note, I know where there is a brand new SEHP right now for $300, but it's for the smaller blade sizes.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Nothing you can do to a cable operated pump to make it electronic, have to switch the whole pump, controls and harness.

6. Evanbrendel

i was wanting to switch whole pump and all its a 85 looks just like in the pic lol red and all but the plow is in good shape only wanting to get away from the cables. im looking around on the internet for a different pump and controls and wiring.

7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

what year and model is your truck?

Are you saying your vehicle is a 1985 chevy k1500 1/2 ton?

What kind of plow. Is it a western (red plow) or fisher (yellow plow)???

Maybe a picture of the truck and plow?

This is what we need to know so you will get the correct information.

8. Evanbrendel

no its a 85 k3500 western 7.5 plow

9. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Could probably go to a Monarch, Fenner or Barnes pump cheaper than switching to a Western pump.

10. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Measure the actually lift ram section on the pump assembly. If you have the short one I can give you a # to a guy with a new one for cheap $$.