1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cancel Seasonal?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Longae29, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Customer wants to cancel their seasonal contracts for 4 stores we service. They've paid for 2/5 months.

Now they want "per push"

Who pays these people to make decisions?

Fine with me.........

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'd say too friggen bad. Thats BULLSH!T it's a risk they assume now that it's not snowing their crying like baby's and think it's unfair. But if it snowed 100 inches would they give you more money?, I doubt it. This is why its looking better and better to sell out and be done with all this type of B.S. Do they b!tch to their insurance company as well. "We've been without an accident for 10 years now, we want a per accident policy"....yeah right!

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Don't know what your market is like but in my area a simple " Really!!!!?!?!!!! Per push for January, February and March???" Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Without hesitation really gets them re-thinking their strategy and plays with their head.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I guess they think it going to stay like this Eh? :laughing:

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I'd snap that up right now. I keep the first two payments and we'll bill you per push starting Jan 1st. I wouldn't even hesitate.

But, if I wanted them long term, I'd try to convince them to just stick with the seasonal plan, maybe add a couple years to the agreement, it'll all come out in the long run.

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Do you have a no cause termination section in your contract? Do they "legally" have an "out"?

7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Brian, with the past few threads you've commented on and this one, I have to ask......
    are you having a bad day?......:laughing:... sorry man, just had too......:drinkup:

8. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Change them to per push, snow is coming.

9. Longae29

To clarify, I have no problem with this, if it was the opposite it wouldn't fly, but each store is 1500/mo so 2 months @ 1500 means each of the 4 saltings we have done have been $750 ea. Real joke.

The nice thing about the seasonal is not having to do a checkin, but we set the per push price, so its all good.

10. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

Youll make out better with per push with all the snow we get after the 1st.

I had a seasonal try to hold my payments till it did snow. I told them either way you owe the money to me. You can cancel and pay almost half the contract for me not to drop the blade once.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Glad I'm not the only one noticing this....Rarely a positive post.

12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Times are tough, not a lot of positive things going on with this type of work. At some point you just get fed up.

13. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Ramair Jr.............................

14. Longae29

That's not even possible, no one is that jaded.

15. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

Actually if you were there every day for the month of December busting your butt would you get paid any extra. That's the chance they take with contracts. If you want to change the final months to per push jack the per push rate up.

16. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know.......I'm starting to get a Little Worried about Brian.....:help:

17. same thing happened with us today. told them you pay for your insurance no matter if you use it or not you tell them that and they might get it. Lol

18. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Figure out how many plows it will take to equal the balance. Then explain that it will cost more in the end when you meet that total. Per push+ 2 mos paid= more money.

19. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

I am thinking that someone else came in and gave them a super low ball price to do the lot. If they can get you to drop the contract, they can bring in the cheaper outfit and save a few $$$. I could be wrong but...........

20. Longae29

Works for me.....

Its a national....so its their way or the highway....but its in our favor this time....