1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Canadian Weather+++++Snow"

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Daner, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

We're sitting at 4 degrees, the wind is justa rippen thru! Should dry things up???

2. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

Special kinda of mess here after all the rain, interlock walks are a sheet of ice anything gravel is so slippery you can't even back up with the sander running. I would rather a foot of snow than this mess, not much we could do it was raining so hard here it just washed the salt off.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Nacho Thursday... salt free preferably.

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Yeah, Thursday sounds good, just got in, odd one. Skating rinks and bone dry with no reason

5. Hysert

We hit 6 last night! Went out thismorning and things are icing up at 2! Tonight 7/8 and more rain??? Getting Alittle sick of the up and down temps and rain events we've been getting!!! We need to start getting some snow down here!! Only 2 plowables for us so far???

6. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Was a little strange here too. Guys are just wrapping up now - few icey spots out there.

We ended up with less than an inch before the rain hit. Went to the St. Catharines yard - now dubbed the tropics. Nothing there...

7. dingybigfoot

dingybigfoot Senior Member

Anyone else dealing with complaints this morning?

8. schrader

We got close to 10cm before it switched to rain and man did it rain most of the night. Everything is a sheet of ice here this morning gravel roads are almost un drivable, schools are all closed again and they are calling for more freezing rain tomorrow. Looks like I'm out for LO tomorrow here fun whoever makes it.

9. Mr.Markus

It was bad timing here, enough for a salt run before places opened then about 10-15 cm before noon then the switch to rain made it heavyAF.
    Another quick salt at 5-7 pm and a new salt this morning.
    Kept it complaint free, answering some extra sands today for rural properties that are wicked fun and profitable.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I need to find some wicked fun jobs. Are we still meeting at Lonestar at 1pm tomorrow? Or whoever don't care as I'm on a diet and quit drinking.

11. Mr.Markus

By "wicked fun"I meant like losing your sander in the creek at your place.

redclifford likes this.
  12. Hysert

Do caesars count Dave??? I won't tell on you!! Haha..

We are in if anyone else is going

JD Dave likes this.
  13. Mr.Markus

I hope to make it, Im hoping for an early salt delivery in the morning and need to stop at Green Tractors for some parts, we'll see.

14. schrader

Does wicked fun count when the 6120 is sliding sideways for fifteen feet toward a parked car and there is nothing you can do but hope like hell it stops.

Mr.Markus likes this.
  15. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Calling for freezing rain in a couple of hours ...........

16. Hysert

It definitely counts for getting out and wiping

SHAWZER likes this.
  17. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Rain fall warning for us now, yesh I thought we were supposed to get a rough winter, half of its over already. Looks like anything north of Toronto is but the banana belt will keep its name for a bit yet I guess.

Hysert likes this.
  18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We've actually had a pretty good winter in Mississauga, Brampton, Toronto area. Dec was probably our biggest month ever for salt.

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That was more Like run inside and take a Wicked Crap after that happened. True story. Lol

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's what I felt like sliding to the creek at my shop. I backed around this morning as everything was a skating rink.