1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Canadian Tire - Tire's??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by truszip, Sep 21, 2004.

1. truszip

truszip Junior Member

These are their Roughrider series, I'm thinking the M+S over the A/T would be a better tire because of the heavier thread! Anybody have any experience with these tires?? Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I looked at them (especially when they had the buy one get one 1/2 price sale) but they couldn't get me the size I wanted.

The only experience I have with Motomaster tires is car stuff, and they are cheap junk that I would never buy again. Not like Canadian Tire actually makes their own stuff, but I have had no success with their tires (or batteries for that matter)....

Check out http://www.tiredefects.com/private_brand_tires/Default.htm

This site tells what manufacturer makes different tires for different companies. There is also a list of law suits etc. on there. Doesn't hurt to read.....

For cheap tires (in stock sizes only) I was looking at WalMart too... they have a decent looking truck tire and for a change it actually has a treadwear warrenty... 64k I think... cheap too, LT235/85R16's were around the $120 Cdn. mark each....

3. truszip

truszip Junior Member

Thanks Derek. Looking through some site's I found these - any info as to whether any good or not?? Firestone Destination M/T
    [​IMG]

4. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

5. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Here's a pic, the Green diasmond tires are awesome and legal where studs are banned

Bill

plow sidewing 031 (Small).jpg

6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

The Firestones, and any other Mud Terrain tire that doesn't have siping for that matter, will work well on loose snow but will be terrible on any hardpack or ice. Best stick to M&S or A/T tires....