1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

canadian Tire lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Outd00r Maint.., Jan 7, 2010.

1. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

few of my friends have some connections with the owner of the this canadian tire

just wanted to know how much would you bid on this

-No snow removal
    -no salting and removal of snow on the walkways around the store

just plain plowing and salting of the parking

Oh the gas station below is also included

2. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

first off your dont have nearly the right equipment to handle this job it would probably need a on site loader
  3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

u guys use pounds or euros ? or are they the same thing?
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

see ... the stuff you learn on PS.. thanx papa:waving:
  6. Outd00r Maint..

obviously your not reading what i said..

why would need a on site loader,the snow stays on site the whole winter
  7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

but where are you going to put the snow?
  8. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We plow 3 Canadian Tires and use machines on each one. A pickup would take too long, and be more difficult to put snow where you want it exactly. They typically take 3-4 hours each, picked clean, and the machine will then move onto other sites.
  9. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

I do one in Renfrew tymusic Store and Gas Bar. Judging by the size of that one you should be up in the 20K to 30K mark. Youre being suggested to get a loader in order to stack the snow in designated areas on the lot if ya dont have to haul it away. Good Luck with your Quote. :waving: Watch out that if salt is the only material to control ice that your quote specifies how many tonne of salt is included.. otherwise you may find out that frequent salting requests will deplete your stock and you may have to foot the bill for more salt.
  10. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Do you really think you can just start up a company, buy a pick-up with a blade and wala, your doing lots the size of canadian tires.... Your sig says first year in service, you have much to learn, start small, maby 5 years from now you can start looking that way... You'd be surprised on how little $$$ that lot will go for anyways...
  11. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

very true....and a loader would be a must
  12. I wouldn't even attempt a lot that size with a pickup. It would likely take you at least 6-7 hours and judging from the picture you don't have a lot of options on where to stack the snow. A pickup will only stack to about 8ft under ideal conditions.

I did a lot about that size last year and even with a utility tractor with a loader I was about at the limit when we got 6" + storms.

Good luck with your quote.
  13. Outd00r Maint..

Yes, i do realise, but this is just about how much it would cost(curious),,im not saying im gonna do this,

I;m pretty much asking for my friends who are planning on starting next year, they know they'll have to pay someone to stack the snow be either then that seems pretty easy....

i wont be the one having the contract,he'll probably pay me as a sub when ill finish doing my own
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  14. They are planning on starting next year and they want bid amounts for such a big lot?

Here is tip #1 for them: If they can't figure the price out for themselves then they can't handle the account.

Start off with residential driveways and maybe the odd small parking lot. Like that gas station ONLY would be a good starting point in the business. I have been plowing snow in Ontario since I was 17 years old (I'm now 35) and I have had my own plowing business for the last 4 years. I am smart enough to admit I am no where near ready for huge lots like Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart.

The first step to success is knowing what you can and can not do... Successfully....
  15. French frog

French frog Junior Member

20 to 25 k per season I know this lot well its in Gatineau lived there for years....
    If a backhoe is needed rent include that in your price.

good luck