1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Canadian price for 8' SD poly.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bowtie_guy, Nov 9, 2006.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I'm calling the local dealer tomorrow to ask a price for a 8' SD Poly blade. Just wondering if anyone knows the current price range for this plow in canadian currency.
    Thx

2. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Change of plans....

Figured I'd convert some prices so you guys who don't like canadian money can have input with the US currency.

All prices are for the smart hitch2 mounting system, my choice of control. V plows have smart lock cylinders. Also price is installed but without taxes.

8' Steel, $5550.00cnd approx $4838.71usd
    8' Poly, $5740.00cnd approx $5004.36usd
    8'2" Steel V, $7140.00cnd approx $6224.93usd
    8'2" Poly V, $7355.00cnd approx $6412.38usd

3. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

wow

i can buy here in town an 8' boss super duty w/ Hand held controller and everything for right around $3950 US. I dont think it would cost $1,000 to ship to canada, but i could be wrong.

4. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Products cost more in Canada.

There is more than shipping ( which is probably quite a bit) involved when purchasing US made products in Canada. If you live in Ontario the sales tax is 15% ( GST & PST), then there is a Customs duty ( not sure how much) on the product (not made in Canada) fee and then the dealer has to make something.Guess thats why the stores here in Niagara Falls NY are filled with Canadian shoppers all the time.