1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can you use a conventional A frame for a minute mount setup?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by W250CTD, Jan 8, 2009.

1. W250CTD

W250CTD Junior Member

I saw a picture of a disassembled minute mount setup and the A frame looks very similar to the A frame on my conventional Fisher 8', along w/ the headgear etc, it just looks like I'd need the brackets that connect it together and slide in the minute mount truck frame. Anyone try this? Thanks
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

if i recall speedcaster can go mm1 only and you need to modify the cross brace on the aframe or it will hit the headgear storage jack.
  3. W250CTD

W250CTD Junior Member

Thanks, do you know if you can use the same light/hydraulic frame? Anyone else try this?
  4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

The light hydraulic frame for a conventional Fisher will not work with a minute mount frame mounts, but the blade will work as long as the ears are the same width. As the previous poster mentioned you have to shift the crossmember back out of the way of the drop leg, the inside of the A-Frame channels are also boxed on the Minute mounts. I have modified several of them , takes about two hours of welding and cutting.