1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can you say thunderstorms?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by toby4492, Jun 8, 2008.

1. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Check out this radar :eek:

[​IMG]

Over 8" of rain here in parts of SE Wisconsin in the last 2 days.

2. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Hey, Tom where you at? We're near Racine/Burlington WI.

3. toby4492

Hey Sno4U,

Hartford area here. :waving:

4. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

This pic was taken from in front of my fire department tonight just as tonights storms were moving in. I am about 20 minutes SE of Toby.

storm pic from fire station.JPG

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ummmmmmmmmmm that looks like a giant tornado buddy.......i hope u guys are alright:help:

6. toby4492

Great pic. Looked like that here earlier today also. Nasty couple days of weather.

I'm ready for some sunshine for a few days and let things dry up.

7. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

Yes everyone is ok. It looks worse than it actually was. It is actually called a "shelf cloud"... However, there was some rotation around its perimeter which was making me a little nervous! This storm added another couple of inches of rain. Sounds like by tomorrow night we will be over 10" of rain in 48 hours.

The weather forecast over the next week: Monday- rain. Tuesday- rain. Wednesday- SUNNY. Thursday- rain. Friday- Rain. Saturday- rain.

If it were only snow. :eek:payup payup

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If all that rain was snow,Tom would be able to show off that new SnoWay plow he has hidden up his shirt sleeve and we won't have to wait !

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Send some of that rain this way will ya? No good rains here in a month. You can keep the Tornados:eek: Same thing year after year. Midwest gets flooded while we dry up. Ocean moisture doesn't do us a bit of good anymore

10. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Yup, We've all been gettin' pounded here pretty good since Wed. of last week w/ not much letting up (like yard is saying). This past weekend end in Whitefish Bay there where many trees down and alot of street flooding. We're in Racine which has a river called the Root River ,which is notorious for overflowing its banks. In all the years I've lived here, this is the worst I've seen it .
    We have lawns to mow and at this point can't even get onto the soft/muddy yards. Its not even a matter of just going around puddles anymore!
    I don't believe any of us would truley want to see that much snow at one time!:eek:

11. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

yeah youve been getting nailed tom!

We have been getting alot of storms here as well, i love it. Not enough tornados though, there were a few that touched down around here but i didnt get to see them, i was chasing down this one storm but it just got too dark and then went over the lake. the good part is i found diesel for 4.34 while i was out!

Looks like this week should be hot and dry for us. I had to cancel work today because the grass is nearly floating right now.

12. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I have relatives in Reedsburg WI, they are telling me downtown is underwater, If youve ever been there (I guaruntee you havent) thats hard to picture.

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

My forecast models say tornadoes for me 2morrow....i hope the lawn mowers can outrun a f5?:confused:

14. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

the only f 5 in newjersey is the one on your keyboard:D

15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Laugh now.....when i see a icey truck flip over in my front lawn 2morrow night....i kno i did not cry wolf!:rolleyes:

16. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

my trucks are built like tanks.....:rolleyes:

17. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  18. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Type in Reedsburg Flooding on the youtube search, thats where my family lives, not very far from Lake Delton.

19. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i've got a friend in MI that had a tornato go thru his naborhood and has been without power for a day 1/2 so far...that sucks!

its 68 and sunny here in ak :) haha

20. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Take the rain :realmad:

Lost power last night at 9 and finally got it back at 2 this afternoon, had to run 3 houses (ours, grandmas, and a rental) all on generators to keep the sump pumps going and the freezers and fridges somewhat cold. I just want nice weather to ride my atv and be able to go outside without drowning.