1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can you replace hot & ground terminal on plow motor?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by precisionmmpa, Feb 9, 2010.

1. precisionmmpa

precisionmmpa Junior Member

My terminals that come out of the motor on my snow pro 3000 are bad. I've checked all the connections going to and from etc, everything is great until then and the plow sometimes works and sometimes doesnt, sparks when I wiggle the hot and ground etc. Can I replace the terminals or do I need a whole new motor?

2. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

i have taken the motor apart on my western to replace the posiitive lug.

3. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

the short answer is yes, it can be done. The better answer is that if the terminal is already falling out, it is probably best to replace or rebuild the motor for reliability reasons. There is probably some use on it.

4. precisionmmpa

precisionmmpa Junior Member

next question.............. do I buy a single post and ground it to frame or get a double post? I am so sick of issues w/ my plows that I just want the most hassle free option.

5. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Double post will be more reliable-if the bolts that hold the plow on corrode, then your path to ground will decrease, causing slow movement etc. Western unimounts used to be single post, but the new kits come with a bolt and they tell you to tap the side of the motor and add the second post. It can be cleaned easily, etc without removing the motor.