1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can you recycle with your 82" inverted?

Discussion in 'Normand Snow Blowers' started by newlandscapes, Feb 12, 2016.

1. newlandscapes

newlandscapes Junior Member

the guys that have the 82" inverted, are you able to recycle the snow? I can't with mine and it didn't bother me until someone mentioned that they could on a different brand and then i have used it the last two nights and it really bothers me now that i can't. I usually have to try to blow the snow up and over the cab to get it to the grass area and when its blowing 25mph that really sucks! any thoughts on how to make it recycle? I don't think you can just make an adjustment. I think i'd have to cut out one or two more teeth on the chute rotator. Kinda sucks...

2. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

What do you mean by "recycling the snow"? I've not heard or seen that term used.

3. newlandscapes

when you blow the snow between the tractor and the blower so that you can carry the snow down 20-30 feet until you can blow it over the curb or on to the grass. If you watch some of the youtube videos a lot of guys do this with the blowers.

When just doing drives on city streets it might not be as important to clean the street up nice, but when you do condos like i do i want the road as clean as the driveways without blowing snow all over them again.

4. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Since you can't, why don't you use the machine as a pull plow until you can blow the snow away. We have one 84" and two larger ones and don't seem to have an issue "recycling" snow when needed.

5. newlandscapes

i was told it was bad to shut pto off and turn it back on all the time.

6. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

My Econor can easily and will carry a crazy amount of snow while recycling it.

7. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

I can't comment knowledgeably on that.

8. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

If it's a tractor it will be fine

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Can you change the chute to allow you to recycle?

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I was brought up that way but Paul said they've been doing it that way for years and have had great luck with pto's.

11. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I learned the same rumours, we were discussing it in another thread about electric independent pto on the kubota. I did some reading and playing around with my tractor and can't get it to whine or grind half throttle, full throttle, no clutching. Glad we didn't have them earlier cause child labour laws be damned, my parents would've had me working at 6 years old.

12. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Is there a "stop" on the gear ring that rotates the shute? Our Inv 92-280 Normands have a "stop" on them. Perhaps that needs to be adjusted a bit. Both of our Normands recycle just fine. If i have a lot of snow to pul, meaning multiple passes, i just shutthe PTO off until I'm done pulling.

13. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton