1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can you put Extreme V edges on EZ V ?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RLM, Jan 20, 2012.

1. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Everytume my cutting edges on my EZ V edges wear out it is in the center, actually it us the center flap holder that wears out to the bolt holes then the rubber comes out. Can the Extreme V edges be mounted the the EZ V, even if I have to drill new holes I'm OK with that, I want to get rid of the rubber flap system.

2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Just looking at the two of them I'd say no. The spacing between the wings is different due to the size of the center hinge pin. If its a problem with the rubber ripping off try using super big fender washers on the back or take a piece of 1/4" or 3/16" flat steel and fab up a brace to keep the rubber from pulling off.

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Need change the pitch of the plow so will wear even sounds like it leaning back tofar

4. samjr

samjr Senior Member

5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I got several very good suggestions from a guy in Erie PA ;), to either make the rubber work, switch to urathane or make the XV edges work. The problems we are having is the we have wear systems on the plows on the out side edges, so now the center section, more specific the bracket that holds the rubber wears down to the bolt holes then the rubber falls out. There is still a solid inch of wear left on the edges, so I hate to toss them this has happened more times than I want to think about, one season I replace 4 edges @ 350 ea. It gets expensive quick.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  6. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Ya the same here

I got 2 inchs left and my bracket that holds the rubber is down to the bolt holes now
    Let me/us know what u do to fix

7. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Ouch 350 each Might want start making your own I make one for my 9.6Mvp @125
    5/8 x 8'' it wears same as a harden 6'' edge I bolt rubber on the cutting edge bolt holes for the center
    After buying one OEM blade wasnt no way I wasn t going buy anymore

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm real curious who you talked to, mainly cuz I'm in Erie and I love a good idea or two. Especially when it comes to saving money on repairs.

9. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Jerre Heyer. He is awesome. The dealer here is just a parts seller now, there solution is sell you a new part.

10. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

The x cutting edges won't work the trip edge is completely differnt and the gap between the wings is differnt, why not put wear bars on the side of the edge closest to the rubber instead of just on the ends,